Monday, May 30, 2011

Swamp Head Brewery

Gah, I can't help myself - I have to blog about Swamp Head Brewery before it gets into the Gainesville Sun.  There's a scoop to be had!

There have been microbreweries in Gainesville; recently, Land Shark Lager (based in Jacksonville) became a state-wide available beer.  But, this is the first locally-brewed beer to be distributed in Gainesville, and that's a big deal. 

Haven't tried it, yet, but I know you can get it at Tasty Buddha at Millhopper (this links to the original one on 16th ave.), and I will be sure to look for it at Ward's.

Okay, before anyone corrects me on this, this is great because it is locally brewed, not because it is locally produced - the ingredients still come from a far away (probably Nebraska) state, so for it to be truly locally produced it would have the ingredients grown here, as well.  I'm just sayin this for the record; I could almost not completely care about that fact, but it is something to consider when we consider locally produced foods.

Picture swiped from the Swamp Head Brewery website.

2 comments:

HH said...

hye! are you a teacher? i've read that you love to teach right? i'll be an english teacher after grad, so will you teach me somehow? i'd love to. btw, do follow my blog. it's new. thanks! www.nannatellsitlikeitis.blogspot.com

Mistressmybae said...

Haha, thanks for your comment - there's no secret to being a teacher, just be your honest, caring self and you are a teacher!

I put your blog in my links section and I will follow it, as well.

Best wishes for success in your studies :)