Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Eureka, an (obvious) fix for PSS (Panty Shield Shift)

NOTE:  Males will not find this at all interesting and perhaps a little gross.  Women, too.  Why am I writing this?  I am compulsive.

So, in the past I've made menstrual pads from flannel from a modified pattern from Many Moons that no longer exists, but since getting the Diva cup I've used actual pads-in-the-pads very little.  But they make great panty shields on the spotty days - except for the fact that they shift around like mad and actually do not provide much shielding at all.  I guess they're not that great.  BUT, the other day it occurred to me that if I put another snap on the thing that would pull it tighter, I wouldn't have this problem.  I found the snaps, hammered in another one, and lo!  Problem solved.  That is a combination of "eureka!" and "duh."

Yes, here is a picture of the extra snap, to the left of the original and, yes, I would indeed show my skanky old reusable pad in a blog post to illustrate this solution.
Post a Comment