Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Diva Cup (Boys -- TMI Alert)

Last night I finally broke down and went to Ward's to buy the Diva Cup. A friend, who wishes to remain anonymous, told me about the Diva Cup and how it has changed her life. Something like a reusable menstrual cup that changes your life...this I have to try! I was expecting it to be 40 dollars but was only about 24. Other than Instead (or, as I like to call it, "Instead of Nothing"), the rubber cup that looks more like a diaphragm, is not reusable, and has about the neatness factor of a mushroom-bacon-cheeseburger-with-extra-cheese, I had not ventured into the realm of reusable menstrual items, other than cloth menstrual pads. Many Moons used to have a cool pattern but I guess they got rid of it, so here's a decent looking pattern from Downsizer.net that looks doable.

So far the Diva Cup is pretty easy to use and not that messy -- at least not messy enough where I'm like "eww" (like with the above-mentioned Instead cup). I started at the end of my cycle this month which was probably a good thing -- I'm not dealing with a new item and the intensity of Aunt Flo's initial arrival, if you know what I mean.

No comments: