Friday, November 30, 2007

Catalogue Choice

Catalog Choice is something I first learned about at the Glom Shelter blog a ways back. After almost recycling the new issue of The New Yorker before reading it because it was stuck in between a pile of catalogs I decided that it was time to look a little more closely at Catalog Choice.

I'm here to tell you, it's amazing. After filling out a short sign-up form I was on my way to declining a whole bunch of catalogs that were stacking up in our recycling bin. It seems like everyone is represented on Catalog Choice's list of catalogs, so don't worry if Birds and Bees Marital Aids Company is something you don't think is widely known. It's probably there.

I even declined repeats from Wireless. Yes, I know. Now I won't know when it's time to get the old man that "I'm tired of being my wife's arm candy" sweatshirt he's been wanting.

4 comments:

Tracy G said...

I’m so glad you like that service! It won’t help much this year, of course, but I expect to see a big difference before Christmas 2008.

I declined the Wireless, too, hehee. And 53 other catalogs, so far.

Mistressmybae said...

Thanks for the great resource! It's very empowering to say "no" to this very wasteful and environmentally damaging junk mail.

Anonymous said...

I'll never get tired of being your arm candy!

Anonymous said...

A group of anti-junk mail experts sponsored videographers to produce humorous videos to stop junk mail. Watch the videos at www.proquo.com/videocontest !