Friday, November 26, 2010

Bitter-Sweet Kombucha Love

Here is the kombucha update on its deadness.  This is the result of the first kombucha culture I tried to cultivate - didn't follow DD's finely drawn/written directions and put cheesecloth over the top instead of a paper towel, which of course attracted the fruit flies and resulted in the kombucha's untimely, moldy death.  So now it sits in our carport, festering, much like the compost I've had in the past that was decaying anaerobically in its rubbermaid container after it got too disgusting to look at.  I'll get around to dumping it out.  Right now, though, I've got two bottles of kombucha that are thriving and ready to separate into the two empty pickle jars you see to the left - unless I kill those, too, from neglect.  Ugh.

3 comments:

Not So Simply Single said...

Cracking me up! Thank you

Randomnuffagus said...

Good luck with murdering the pickle jar.

Mistressmybae said...

Okay, wiseguy - you got me. I was referring to the kombucha cultures, not the pickle jars.