Sunday, June 17, 2007

Gee, your hair smells terrific -- like pickles!

Hi, I'm sitting at the ref desk, about to go on my nightly round of picking up before closing and wanted to comment briefly on washing my hair with baking soda and vinegar.

The first time I washed it this new way it came out looking kind of limp and oily -- it felt clean but looked dull. So, today was day 2 and we were going out with the folks for Father's Day and I decided to try washing it again. This time I enlisted DJ's help to give him some measuring experience (and to get him out of the old man's hair while he tried to listen to his favorite cop radio show). Did everything I did the last time except I rinsed after the vinegar rinse. I think that made a big difference. My hair totally bounced back and looked shiny, curly, and not frizzy. It also added about another gallon to my overall water usage (about 2 gallons for the whole process), but it's still not too bad.

Overall, I think it was a big success. I keep worrying, however, that it's going to take the color out of my hair and Nancy, my hair guru, is going to have a fit.

No comments: