Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Arm & Hammer Essentials Laundry Detergent


I don't like promoting products (and you're going to totally think I'm a hypocrite when I blog about Jansport in a minute), but I've been using a new Arm & Hammer product called Essentials Laundry Detergent. Arm & Hammer has always seemed, to me, to be the sane alternative to spending a ton of money on Seventh Generation detergent or some of the other "green" products on the market right now. And it has none of the crap in the maintstream detergents, i.e. no petroleum-based cleaners. This picture, by the way, is the only one I could swipe from the A & H site -- the Essentials bottle is a translucent green plastic with a dark green top.

Here's a link to a thread on Mothering.com about the product. The thing that the users on this thread complained about was the overpowering smell -- after using Purex for a long time I'm pretty used to strong, perfumy detergent smells -- and it does have a strong smell that sticks to clothes even after they come out of the dryer, which is something that hardly ever happens. I suppose the people at Church & Dwight will take this hint and start providing a non-scented version.
Post a Comment