Saturday, October 18, 2008

Charlie's Soap has arrived

Hi, sorry to Dan who posted a comment about what my impressions are of the Charlie's Soap. Well, Dan, I was lazy, as usual after making a declaration such as, "I'm buying a buttload of Charlie's Soap everyone!" Of course, I've just received it in the mail this past Friday. I will tell you this about Charlie's Soap, their customer service is tops and it was free shipping for orders over 25-dollars in the U.S.

Promise! Will try Charlie's Soap immediately! In fact, I have a load of laundry sitting right next to me. I think I have to rinse the washer tub with vinegar to get all of the scum off from those nasty, un-eco-friendly detergents, so will commence to do that now. I promise! Here I go...wait, oh, a new email just came in...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, what timing, eh? ;-)

I would be interested in knowing how you determined that your tub has scum. Your post from August didn't mention that, only that you wanted to go eco-friendly.

Look here to see what I'm dealing with: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg0700323110578.html
(I have a Kenmore front-loader.)

Bren said...

After about two years of using it, I have found that Charlie's weak point is greasy stains. I have started using a pre-treatment for those.

And just as a point that will probably be of interest to you, Charlie's is switching to cloth bags for their smaller quantities. They used to use wax-lined "coffee bags", which broke frequently. The cloth bags will be stronger and will likely be re-used for many things!

By the way, I've also began using Charlie's as dishwashing powder to replace the last of my cascade. So far so good.

Mistressmybae said...

Bren! Thanks so much for your take on Charlie's. I remember you saying that about Charlie's and grease stains! I'm distrusting of any detergent to get grease stains out and automatically pre-treat with a Dawn-like dish soap, first. These dish soaps, unfortunately, are made with petroleum, but I figure it's being used in small amounts?

And thanks, also, for the tip on using Charlie's in place of Cascade for your dishwasher. A normal powder and not one of those crazy, candy bon-bon looking things they sell at the store for your dishwasher. For how much they cost, I want them to be edible!