Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Response to Jennifer for "2008 GREEN LOG Home & Lifestyle Awards"

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with me to let me know about your awards. I do not promote advertisements on my blog, except for a few products that I feel are environmentally safe and widely available to the mainstream community.

It would not be ethical to ask my readers to vote for my blog if that would send them to a site where they could potentially be exposed to advertisements for items that I do not endorse or support.

My reason for this is that green consumerism is still consumerism and is therefore not good for the environment. Instead of advertising green products and services, you should be encouraging people to not consume at all and instead get their items used and preferably for free.

It was good synergizing with you on this.

Sincerely,
Michele Nordlie
Blogging Associate
The Accidental Environmentalist
Post a Comment