Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Ides of March! Need-a-Bag? project update

Note: The Need-a-Bag? project was created to promote sustainable bagging at the Hwy 441 Alachua County Farmer's Market each Saturday morning. We supply resusable tote bags reclaimed from thrift stores and garage sales. The Need-a-Bag? project also utilizes old tank tops as tote bags by sewing up the bottoms (these are called t-totes). We invite you to read the other posts on the project by clicking the "Need-a-Bag? Project" label at the bottom of this post.

It didn't start getting blustery until later in the day -- good thing, because after last week's windy, chilly, miserable Saturday morning, I was not ready to fight the wind to put bags up on the fence at the farmer's market, much less attempt to make them stay there! Last week we ended up not hanging the signs because the wind was blowing so hard. DG found a way to loop the bags on the fence so they would stand a strong wind. I hope Erika wasn't running after bags at the end of the market day; we had more left this week than I expected or hoped.

The Need-a-Bag? project had a guest-star cameo from Kelly of What We Need Is Here, and she brought bags! Not only that, they were washed and dried and ready to go. Oh my gosh, and they were much needed, too. We put them up on the fence directly; next week I'll bring stickers if any of these beauties are left.

Still have the Virgo t-tote; if anyone would take pity on this poor bag--whose only offense to the world is having the word, "Virgo" splashed across it in rhinestones--my heart would truly be gladdened that it found a good home.

Got the photo from What We Need Is Here

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey! I'll take the virgo tote even though I'm a capricorn :) I could use another new shopping bag. Where/when should I pick it up?

Mistressmybae said...

Ohmygosh! That would be so great! If you come by the Farmer's Market on 441 between 8:15 and 8:30am this Saturday (03/22), one of us will definitely be there to gratefully hand it over to you! Could I take your picture for the blog? ;)

If you get there after, I'll give it Erika-of-the-sweet-and-tasty-citrus table and she will give it to you!

P.S. -- I'm a Cap, as well!