Monday, January 28, 2008

Live Blogging the Diva Cup*

9:52 am -- making bowl of cereal, feel weird "pop" as Diva Cup unfolds fully into position
8:43 am -- ahh, that's better; twist Diva Cup to make sure it is positioned properly and move on!
8:42:30 am -- try to stand up, realize I've positioned it wrong, yow; sit back down
8:42 am -- insert Diva Cup
8:41 am -- remove Diva Cup from its protective and cute drawstring bag
8:37 am -- fish Diva Cup out of underwear drawer
8:32 am -- Spotting getting worse, realize Aunt Flo has arrived

*Okay, I didn't really live blog the Diva Cup (I don't actually think that would be possible, even given modern technology). I've always wanted to say "live blogging" about something.

7 comments:

Green Bean said...

Ha ha! I thought I was the only one who had those issues with the Diva Cup. I can't say that I love it because some days it works great and some days, I just can't get than dang thing in right.

I came across you months ago and forgot all about you until I remembered your blog title to recommend to someone today. Very cool!

Mistressmybae said...

Thanks for dropping in while I spew (literally) about the Diva Cup! I'll tell you, it's a bit tricky but it really has changed my life. I dunno, can a reusable menstrual cup change your life? Hmm.

Thanks, too, for the recommendation!

Tracy G said...

Too funny! I still haven't gone Diva. I just feel safer with something, umm, more absorbent. As much physical work as I do (teaching yoga and giving massage therapy), I'd worry about the cup shifting and leaking at an embarrassing moment. I guess I’m sticking with the organic tampons for office use and reusable pads for home use.

Mistressmybae said...

You know, I have not yet tested the leak-ability of the Diva Cup at this time, being in a sedentary mode and all. But don't worry -- I'll be sure to post about what happens when I play racket ball or something while Diva Cup-ing it! I think I've gone bicycling with the thing and don't remember any disasters...

Tracy G said...

For what it's worth, I was thumbing through a copy of Yoga Journal yesterday and saw an ad for Diva Cup. Hmmm, maybe it'd work, after all? I sure wish it would, 'cuz it ain't cheap to accommodate Auntie Flo with organic tampons. The Diva Cup would pay for itself in well under a year.

Mistressmybae said...

I know what you mean about those organic tampons and pads! The cost of those things, plus the recommendation of a friend, was what turned me around to the reusable menstrual cup.

The only yoga I can do is Sun Salutation, so I'll do, like, 20 sets of those with the Diva Cup and let you know!

Anonymous said...

I received my DivaCup and and will never go back to anything else! South Coast Shopping has
them on sale for only $16.99! Diva Cup Model 1 and Model 2