Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Survey comment to Maidenform

Just made another purchase of bras from Maidenform - I've written about this before, in my quest for American-made products; unfortunately this isn't the case with Maidenform, but I took the opportunity to put this quote in a survey they asked me to take after my online purchase was complete:

I really like the fact that I'm buying products that have a long history in the United States, and specifically in the Northeast, where I grew up.  However, I would like to see Maidenform bring its manufacturing back to the United States where I can buy worker-friendly (possibly even union-made) bras and undergarments.  Thank you.

My general rule is that I don't do surveys for companies unless I get a freebie of some kind, but the payoff here is that I was able to give the beancounters something to think about; if enough people do this every time they buy goods that aren't Made in America but used to be (like Maidenform) there might be some change in manufacturing down the road.  Who knows!

Got the old advertisement (for this post and the last one about Maidenform) from Found in Mom's Basement blog.

3 comments:

Ana Carneiro said...

I think exactly the same way! I'm from Portugal, and thankfully, since the crisis hit we are bringing back the importance of the tag 'Made in Portugal'. It would be really good for the world economy if at least a third of the companies of each country produced in their home country!

http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.com/

Mistressmybae said...

Thanks so much for sharing that information about Portugal. Do you think there is a concerted effort by the government in Portugal to emphasize the buy local angle? I don't see it on a national scale here but I see it at least on the county scale with our system of farmers markets (Alachua County actually has a "buy local" campaign in operation and that might be a good topic for a post, hmmm.....)

Unknown said...

Nice post