Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wainwright Dairy

Excuse any dirty kitchen displayed in the photo
My friend Bren just stopped by to deliver two half-gallons of non-homogenized, pasteurized milk from Wainwright Dairy, located in Live Oak.  This is part of her buying club and the thing that sold me on this milk was not only the taste, which is delicious, but it's local (65 miles) AND the half-gallons come in glass containers!  Glass!  When was the last time you saw any milk in a glass bottle?  Me?  Never. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're lucky... we have a chain of stores around here that sells local milk in glass bottles. Can pick them up in at least a dozen locations within a few minutes of my house. OJ in glass too (though not so local).

Just recently started reading this blog, and I have to say I very much like it.

Mistressmybae said...

Glad you are enjoying the blog! Hey, do I have your blog in my links? No?! Allow me to fix that right now.

You are so, so lucky! Hey, how much does your glass bottled milk run? I just found out I'm paying almost 3 times for two half-gallons than what I would pay for Wainwright's 1 gallon in the plastic jug. That was a bit of sticker shock and I'm not sure I'm going to keep doing the glass bottles because of that.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure. The OJ is $2.50; we don't go through a lot of milk (I'm vegan, and my wife and son don't drink much themselves), so I don't pay as much attention to the price of that. There's a 50 cent refundable deposit, too.

glassbottlesmanufacturer@gmail.com said...

Great comments thanks for sharing!....