Thursday, January 29, 2009

WikiHow How to of the Day: How to Green Your Clothes

I love WikiHow, and I have a feed for the WikiHow of the day on my Google Page. Thought I'd share today's, 8 Ways to Green Your Wardrobe, because it was actually on the mark. Take a look at it -- the first way, "Be Fussy" I felt was especially important. So often, I find myself in Wal-Mart (i know) or Target (double i know) and think, "I need new tops/skirts/leggings for work," and begin to look seriously at the clearance racks. And at Wal-Mart that's pretty scary stuff. But then I pull back and think, "okay, where is this stuff coming from," look at the tag and realize that the fact that a shirt costs $5 and comes from Pakistan means that someone suffered along the way to bring this shirt to a Wal-Mart in the southeast United States.

Following the First Way of "8 Ways to Green Your Wardrobe" will make you exceedingly green, because you will not impulsively by a $5 shirt made by a 12 year-old in a third-world nation.

Got the photo, "Shauna in Green," by Logan Cody, via WikiHow.

No comments: