Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Raking in the Clover

Monday, before picking DJ up from school, I got out the bag of white clover seed I had bought at the feed and seed over the weekend and raked some of it into the front patch of sand in front of our house. At one time I had the bright idea of filling in a patch of dirt by our front door, that DJ insisted on digging in, with play sand. This was a brilliant plan which provided DJ with an excellent dump truck area -- for about five minutes, until the neighborhood cats discovered it and decided to use it for a different kind of dumping. So hopefully we'll get the much-needed rain that was promised today (and still, as of this posting, has yet to arrive) and maybe fill in some of that sand with clover. I have no idea if this is possible but as a first foray into sprouting clover where it is desperately needed on our lawn, I felt this was a good place to start. After the old man mows this weekend I'll begin raking in the next batch of seed and see what happens.

No comments: