Thursday, February 17, 2011

All American Clothing: Jeans

Swear to all that is holy that I will stop posting after this and get to work.  Last night my jeans arrived from All American Clothing.  I posted a piece in December about All American Clothing Co. vs. Lands End and decided that AAC was comparable in price, and they guarantee that all of the clothing is made in the USA.

So, prior to my latest purchase from AAC, I had one pair of jeans that I bought at WalMart 10 years ago - I wear these every winter without fail and realize you have to have at least one pair of jeans in your wardrobe, no matter what.  Anyway, so I was wearing my jeans one morning when I discovered that they had a huge rip in the seat, to the point where you could definitely tell what color underwear I was wearing that day.  This is 10 minutes before I have to teach class, so I wrap my sweater around my waist and hope none of my students notice.  This was not the case, and there was a bit of sniggering that day whenever I wrote on the board (they're really nice kids so I can't fault them for something that I found comical, as well).

I decided I needed a new pair of jeans and decided to give AAC a try.  They fit really well and will probably shrink a little bit when I wash them so they'll be perfect length-wise.  The other thing I thought was kind of cool was the Traceability tag they put on their jeans.  It has a number that you can enter on their website, and it will show you the area where the cotton is grown, where the denim is woven, where it is constructed, and where it is finished.  All in the US, which I think is pretty neat.  The only thing I don't like about the jeans is that they're boot-cut, which gives them a bit of a flair at the bottom; I'm used to straight-leg and think it looks better.

At the same time, I also bought a pair of jeans from Pointer Brand, which is based in Tennessee.  This pair is straight-leg so I'm waiting for my order to arrive so I can compare the two brands.  I only need one pair of jeans, so I'm going to see which I keep.  Of course, I'll also publicly fret about my choice on this blog in terms of which is the MOST AMERICAN of the two pairs.

Okay, back to work!

No comments: