Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Sierra Club Trails

Sierra Club is launching its newest online feature, Sierra Club Trails. I gave it a try, since I'm already a member of the Sierra Club, and added the Gainesville-Hawthorne Trail State Park trail as the first local entry. It's a cool feature, and hope it gets more hits from our area. I thought it'd be like Bikely, where you can map your bike routes, but it's more of a straight-forward, here are the specifics of the trail, how to get there, etc. I like how it lists the difficulty level of the trail, the different ways you can experience it (bicycling or hiking), and differentiates different features you're looking for, like bird-watching or wildlife-watching. The site was fairly easy to navigate and I didn't have too much trouble getting the trail listed.

No comments: