Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Need-a-Bag? Project Strategy

Before I go into a dispatch from the 441 Farmers Market this week, I wanted to share an idea for promoting the project.   You know how at check-outs the cashier may ask if you want to donate 1-dollar to this or that cause?  I usually say "yes" at least once a week to those queries, but I usually eschew putting my name on the paper tag that gets taped to the wall with the other names.

Well, I was at CVS and realized that all this time I could have been putting "The Need-a-Bag? Project" on all of these tags!  Curious folks would eventually google the phrase and find out about the project!

Why did it take me so long to realize this bit of free promotion for the project?!

2 comments:

Layla said...

WOW! What a great idea!

It's not done here in Slovenia but I can see it possible - people could maybe even get new bags or at least get to know this more!!

Do tell how it goes!

Mistressmybae said...

Hi Layla, nice to see you! Hope you are well :)

I think the way this strategy would work best is to be one of the FIRST contributors to put up one of those paper name tags -- those tags are usually the most prominently displayed.

OH! Thanks for commenting because I had another idea; making business cards with the information about the project and putting them up on bulletin boards at coffee houses and what-not. Hmm, that might take more planning and as I've said before, I am lazy. Oh well!