Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Update on Venus swim bra

I just got a reply on an old post I did about the Venus swim bra http://theaccidentalenvironmentalist.blogspot.com/2011/08/venus-swim-bra-review.html?m=1

The commenter said the bras are actually made in Germany and India and they resell used items as new.  I plan on following up on this claim, but first I wanted to update on the bra itself.  

When I first tried it on, it seemed way too small for a DD size, but in the year or so since purchasing the bra I've lost some weight.  It now kind of fits ( I have the sizing problem where one breast is larger than the other) and I'm able to wear it without a cover-up.  Before, I would wear it for support but always underneath a swim shirt; now I can wear it by itself and not feel like I'm going to spill out all over the place.  

I still think Venus sizes them too small, though, and a DD is really D, if not a large C.  I will also update when I find out more about this claim that Venus does not actually manufacture their bras in the United States, slo stay tuned.

No comments: