Sunday, July 08, 2007

More about hair washing with baking soda and vinegar

Haven't been washing my hair with shampoo and conditioner for about 2 weeks, now. DG says I go "back out" by using castile soap on it when I shower after a workout at the gym but I disagree. So far, using baking soda and vinegar has not been that difficult. The results are not optimal from the standpoint of someone who's used shampoos forever, but they're nothing to sneeze at, either. My hair feels fuller but I haven't gotten that magical "don't need to shampoo ever again" look--my hair still ends up looking kinda greasy after a couple of days. Good thing I pull it back in a severe pony tail (hm, can ponytails be "severe?").

Anyway, here's a Simple Living blog entry about weaning from shampoo. This is a cool blog because it focuses on reducing personal emissions by 90% -- yow! There's more great stuff on this site including other cool blogs so will have to investigate further.
Post a Comment