Saturday, October 08, 2011

Diva Cup is mystery

This is the kind of stuff I get up to when the Old Man and DJ aren't around - I found out all this terrifying stuff about the Diva Cup.  No, it's not a horrible, space-age horror - I still love my Diva Cup after using it for...5 years?  I don't know, and I'm too lazy to go back into the blog archives to find out, so I'm just going to say 5 years!  Anyway, did you know that you're not supposed to wash your Diva Cup with castile or any other oil-based soap?  Yep!  Did you also know that you're not supposed to let the holes in the top get clogged with menstrual goo?  Yup!  Finally, did you know that you should boil your Diva Cup every so often but not until the water burns out of the pan and your Diva Cup is but a cinder?  That's right!  I learned all of this by clicking a few times and found the Diva Cup FAQ that told me all this important stuff that I've never read before but now I know about.  I love the last FAQ that says, "I boiled my Diva Cup for too long and burnt it - should I buy a new one?"  What do YOU THINK, you moron?!  People actually ask this crap.  (haha, I really have no room to talk, just saying).

Okay, I'm done venting.  And I did wash the Diva Cup with castile soap and let the holes get all gooed up.  BUT, I also just boiled it for 5 minutes - the stuff is hospital-grade silicon, it will probably survive through the environmental holocaust of many tsunamis and hurricanes (oh wait, they're the same thing!).

And that's why I wait until the Old man and DJ are out of the house, so I can do stuff they'll never know about, like boiling my Diva Cup in one of our cooking pots (Hope the Old Man doesn't read this, lol, but he probable will).  It's not like he hasn't seen me boiling much worse in probably the same pot.

1 comment:

Layla said...

lol I'm afraid to use Diva Cup (sounds handy, but so far.. I prefer cloth pads:)

had to chuckle at the thought of those FAQ, lol.. It *is* America, they need to protect against lawsuits lol!!