Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Can you be in love with a deodorant?

Problem solved! Oh joy!
I finally got sick of smelling of B.O. all day -- that's right, after almost TWO MONTHS of not wearing deodorant I still had not had the magical disappearance of my underarm stank. But, it did open lines of communication with the old man that I never thought would be reached, such as...did you know that my husband's left armpit often smells worse than his right? And I said, mine too! Yeesh.
So, I broke down and bought one of those ammonium alum crystal deodorants. It ran me about 7 or 8 dollars, but it says it's going to last me all year. And do you know what? It really works, honestly and truly. You heard it here first, gang. Those crystal deodorant rocks you've seen in the granola stores all these years really do, totally work. I have been using it daily for 4 days and have not had a peep from the stank in my duties as a busy mom, student, and library assistant.
Here is an article on natural deodorants (wish I had seen this in my first explorations), and here is the Wikipedia article on alum which has a good run-down on its uses (and where I also swiped the photo for this post).

No comments: