Saturday, April 06, 2013

Enviro Rage

Folks, I've been really angry lately about the state of our country and the shape of its environment.  Mostly, I'm starting to agree with the preppers!  That's how angry I am.  But I don't believe in the dismal, fucked-up worldview most preppers have; I believe that in the most dire of circumstances people come together to help one another.

But that doesn't excuse or ignore the fact that a lot of people are going to freak-the-fuck-out when gas prices go up with this summer.  Don't know by how much, but you can be damn sure believe that people will be crying over how we have to pay x-amount more, even when the US pays the lowest gas prices in the world, second only to Canada.

I may joke about how irresponsible a steward I am of my environment, the small plot I call the homesphere, but there are a lot of people who do not give a shit about the environment, all they want is their cheap gas and cheap electricity.  Meanwhile, old people are freezing to death in Britain and Ireland has to ration water supplies. Oh yeah, we're dealing with our own environmental disasters, like an underground pipeline spill in Arkansas.

No comments: