Friday, November 03, 2006

Buy Nothing Christmas

Holy Crap! Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa/Buddha's Birthday is right around the corner! But wait...why do I feel so calm? I should be doing the freak-aloo and getting into massive fights with my old man. Could it be that I've finally made peace with my holiday of choice? While I'm still making gifts and plan on giving them to a whole bunch of people we know, I'm not as tensed about it as I usually am. I'm really happy that the holiday season is approaching, thankful for all the wonderful things in my life. That's the way it should be.
Still not convinced? Buynothingchristmas.org is a cool site that has a loose relationship with Adbusters and promotes the idea that you do not have to go into deep, dark debt in order to make for a merry etc. It also has lots of links to other places where you can find more inspiration to have a simple holiday. One of my favorites is the New American Dream website with an excerpt from Bill McKibben's book Hundred Dollar Holiday.

No comments: